To pair a Bluetooth-enabled device with an Alpha AM3/AM5 speaker, perform the following steps:
- Discovery Mode - Utilize the Input selection buttons on the PSR-1 remote control to toggle between sources and switch the Current Source to BT Input (AM3/AM5 Status LED is Blue). During Discovery Mode, the Status LED will flash Blue-Red for two minutes.
- Launch the Bluetooth Settings on the computer/mobile device and search for the unique device ID of the AM3/AM5 Speaker.
- Upon successful pairing, the Status LED will illuminate to solid Blue, indicating a successful connection. Begin playback on the Bluetooth device after the successful pairing.
- If the connection fails, the LED turns solid Red. Repeat the above steps using the PSR-1 remote and the computer/mobile device to attempt reconnecting.
Reconnecting a Bluetooth-enabled device
Press the Input selection buttons on the PSR-1 remote control to navigate through inputs and choose BT to initiate Bluetooth discovery. The Bluetooth device that was last paired with the AM3 and AM5 will connect automatically when Bluetooth is activated, and the front panel Status LED turns Blue.
Commence playback on your mobile device, and the sound will begin playing automatically.
Disable Bluetooth Audio Device/Playback
You can disable the Bluetooth connection or Bluetooth playback using the following methods:
- Utilize the input selection buttons on the PSR-1 remote control to switch to one of the alternative sources (Analogue, Phono, USB, or Optical).
- Access the Bluetooth settings on your mobile device and either turn off the Bluetooth connection or "unpair" the device from the Alpha AM3/AM5.
- Disconnect the active Bluetooth device by pressing the Bluetooth Interrupt button on the remote control for 3 seconds.
- Disconnect the active Bluetooth stream by pressing the Bluetooth Pairing Reset button on the back of the left speaker.
Note: Pressing the Bluetooth Pairing Reset button while Bluetooth is in use will disconnect the current Bluetooth device, allowing another Bluetooth device to be paired and connected.