The Status Light on Alpha AM3 and AM5 Speakers provide information on:
- The currently active source
- Selected listening mode
- Maximum and minimum settings for volume, bass, and treble controls
- Bluetooth pairing mode
Utilize the Input selection buttons on the PSR-1 remote control to toggle between sources and switch the Current Source. The LED on the front of the left speaker will alter its color depending on the active source:
|Analog Input (AUX)
|Optical Input (Digital)
|USB Audio Input
Note: Power On/Off – Transitions the speakers from Standby mode to Operating mode. The front LED will display the color associated with the last selected source.
The LED on the front of the left speaker changes when you press the “MODE” button on the remote control to cycle through the four listening modes.
|Enhanced Dialogue Clarity
|Expanded Soundstage with Enhanced Dialogue Clarity
Maximum and Minimum - Volume/Bass/Treble
When modifying the Volume, Bass, or Treble settings, a single Red flash of the status light indicates that the midpoint of the level has been reached. If you reach the maximum or minimum level for Volume, Bass, or Treble, the status light will flash Red with each button press in the PSR-1 remote to signify that the limit has been reached.
Changing Sample Rate
When manually adjusting the sample rate settings between 44.1kHz and 48kHz using the PSR-1 remote, the status light provides confirmation of the change.
- 44.1kHz - Pressing and holding the Left INPUT SELECTION button on the PSR-1 remote for 5 seconds will configure the amplifier sample rate to 44.1kHz. The Status LED will flash Green twice.
- 48kHz - Pressing and holding the Right INPUT SELECTION button on the PSR-1 remote for 5 seconds will configure the amplifier sample rate to 48kHz. The Status LED will flash Blue twice.
When transferring IR remote codes to a non-PSB remote, the status light undergoes the following changes:
- Press and hold the Mute button on the PSB PSR-1 remote to activate the IR Learning feature.
Status LED flashes Red and White.
- Press any function/button on the PSR-1 remote to be copied.
Status LED flashes Blue twice and remains solid Blue.
- Press the corresponding button on the non-PSB remote to copy the selected function from Step 2.
Status LED flashes Green twice.
- Repeat Steps 2 and 3 to copy additional IR functions to the non-PSB remote.
Note: IR learning setup times out after 10 seconds of inactivity.
When establishing a connection with a Bluetooth-enabled device, observe the following changes in the status light of the Speaker:
- Discovery Mode - Utilize the Input selection buttons on the PSR-1 remote control to toggle between sources and switch the Current Source to BT Input (Blue Status LED). During Discovery Mode, the Status LED will flash Blue-Red for two minutes.
- Launch the Bluetooth Settings on the computer/mobile device and search for the unique device ID of the AM3/AM5 Speaker.
- Upon successful pairing, the Status LED will illuminate to solid Blue, indicating a successful connection. Begin playback on the Bluetooth device after the successful pairing.
- If the connection fails, the LED turns solid Red. Repeat the above steps using the PSR-1 remote and the computer/mobile device to attempt reconnecting.
For additional information on Bluetooth pairing with AM3 and AM5, refer to our Help Center article.
The AM3/AM5 will enter Standby Mode automatically after 20 minutes of inactivity, where there is no user interface interaction and no active source input.
Optical and Analog Sources - AutoStandby
- When the optical or analog source is selected, the AM3/AM5 will automatically enter Standby Mode, reducing power consumption to less than 0.5W, if there is no user interface interaction and no active source input for 20 minutes.
- The Status light will shift to Amber to signify this state.
- To awaken the AM3/AM5, press the Power button on the remote control.
Bluetooth Source - AutoStandby
- With an active Bluetooth connection, the AM3/AM5 will automatically go into standby mode and lower the power consumption to less than 0.5W, if the device’s audio streaming has stopped for over 20 minutes.
- The Status LED will transition from Blue to Amber to indicate this state.
- To resume Bluetooth listening on the AM3/AM5, press the Power button on the remote control to reactivate Bluetooth Discovery Mode.
- If a previously paired device (up to 3 devices remembered) is within range, it can immediately start streaming audio. For connecting a new device, follow the Bluetooth pairing instructions.