THIS IS A FACTORY RESET OF YOUR SPEAKERS. ALL CUSTOMIZATION, INCLUDING WI-FI NETWORK CONFIGURATION, FILE SHARES, AND SAVED PLAYLISTS, WILL BE LOST. YOU WILL HAVE TO RE-CREATE THESE ONCE THE FACTORY RESET IS COMPLETE. WE RECOMMEND THIS PROCESS ONLY IF YOUR SPEAKERS ARE NOT FUNCTIONING AND AN INTERNET FIRMWARE UPGRADE HAS FAILED. FOR ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, CONTACT AN AUTHORISED PSBSpeaker CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIVE BEFORE PROCEEDING.
Before proceeding with the factory reset, backup playlists.
To factory reset the iQ Series Speakers, perform the following steps:
- Disconnect the primary Speaker from the electrical power outlet and wait for 10 seconds.
(If applicable, disconnect the Ethernet cable to the primary Speaker's LAN port.)
- Reconnect the primary Speaker to the electrical power outlet.
- Once the status indicator LED turns Red, immediately pressa) and hold the PLAY/PAUSE button. The LED immediately turns Green and then Red. Continue holding* the PLAY/PAUSE button for 30 seconds.
Note: a)Keep your finger upright while pressing the PLAY/PAUSE button to ensure direct contact.
- After 30 seconds, when the primary Speaker's Status Indicator LED blinks Red, release the PLAY/PAUSE button.
The Status Indicator LED of the primary Speaker turns solid Green, indicating the primary Speaker is in Hotspot Mode.
- Disconnect the secondary Speaker from the electrical power outlet.
- Use a paper clip (or a SIM-eject tool) to press and hold the SERVICE button on the rear panel.
- Reconnect the secondary Speaker to the electrical power outlet while holding the SERVICE button.
- Continue holding* the SERVICE button for 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds, when the secondary Speaker's Status Indicator LED blinks Red, release the SERVICE button.
The Status Indicator LED of the secondary Speaker turns solid Green, indicating the secondary Speaker is in Hotspot Mode.
All customization to iQ Series Speaker is removed and restored to factory settings.
*IMPORTANT - Releasing the PLAY/PAUSE or SERVICE button before the LED blinks Red cancels the factory reset and freezes the Speaker in Upgrade Mode. You should restart the procedure to factory reset the Speakers.