For safe, sanitary use, it is essential to maintain and clean your M4U Headphones periodically. However, excessive cleaning may cause damage and jeopardize the longevity of the product. When not in use, always store headphones in the supplied protective case, and store them in a clean and dry environment. Avoid storing in extreme heat or cold temperatures and humidity and avoid exposure to liquids.
WARNING! – Never wet the speaker or electronics inside of your M4U Headphones. Water or cleaning solvents may cause irreparable damage to the electronics inside your headphones. The M4U warranty does not cover such damage.
For regular cleaning, use a slightly damp cloth and gently clean each earpad, then use a dry cloth to remove any residual moisture.
If heavy cleaning is required after extended listening and use, follow these directions:
- Remove the earpads from the headphones.
- Clean the earpads by hand using cold water filled in a bowl or sink.
- Add a very small amount of dish or laundry soap, and gently clean the earpads.
- After cleaning the earpads, rinse with clean water.
- To dry the earpads, place them on a towel with the pads facing up.
- Fold the towel over the top of the cushions and press down to remove any excess water in the foam padding.
- Air-dry completely before reattaching.